Nicaragua is a beautiful country with immense potential for real estate investments, and San Juan del Sur is right at the heart of this momentum growth. Homes and property for sale here are excellent investments due to the area’s beautiful beaches, proximity to great attractions, and colorful and exciting local culture. Whether you plan to move here full-time, own a vacation property, or invest in the real estate market, San Juan del Sur offers many opportunities.
Real Estate & Homes For Sale in San Juan Del Sur
Conveniently situated less than a 30-second walk from the beach of San Juan del Sur, the Beach House provides the quintessential elements of great real estate: location, luxury, and quality.
Real Estate Market in San Juan del Sur
San Juan del Sur sits on the Southern Pacific Coast of Nicaragua, only 45 minutes from Costa Rica. The town has a unique natural charm while offering year-round warm weather and blue skies. Rich in culture, the vibrant community of locals and ex-pats provides individuals and families with various amenities. Internationally accredited English-based schools, a robust retail sector, incredible cuisine, and world-class yoga & wellness retreats are some of the reasons people flock to San Juan del Sur. Additionally, excellent surf is plentiful for most of the year for professionals and beginners at various beaches.
This town is full of diverse real estate investment opportunities. An apartment or home in the bustling town center has a strong short-term rental market from individuals and families looking to be close to the action. Property in the mountains surrounding the town will attract renters looking for a more tranquil experience in a picturesque vacation home. Our commercial properties for sale offer boundless freedom to develop your dream project and execute your vision.
As long-time residents and investors in Nicaragua, we love to help our clients understand this dynamic real estate market, find their perfect property, and settle into life within this unique beachside community.
Activities & Amenities
While many travelers are attracted to the town’s lively nightlife and entertainment, there are numerous adventures to partake in for those looking to be active. Ziplining, sailing, deep-sea fishing, mountain biking, yoga, stand-up paddleboarding, hiking, ATV adventuring, horseback riding, and much more is available in this beachside haven. Check out our list of top activities to see and do in San Juan del Sur:
- Esmeralda Sailing – Catamaran adventures along the beautiful Pacific Coast of Nicaragua
- Rancho Chilamate Horseback Adventures – They offer small groups of adventurous travelers guided horseback tours to the beach in rural Nicaragua
- Surf Ranch Hotel & Resort – Features Nicaragua’s largest skateboard park, a water park with a splash pad and slide, skateboard shop, rock climbing wall, volleyball court, and much, much more
- Tribu Surf – Surf lessons for all ages and levels at the local’s favorite secret spots
- Tree Casa Resort – This full-fledged resort offers fine dining, various pools, accommodations, tons of activities for kids, yoga, dancing classes, and more
- Rugby, Volleyball, Baseball & Soccer Leagues for Kids and Adults – Join a sports league, get some exercise and meet new people.
- Zen Yoga & Spa & Move Viva Fitness – Yoga and fitness studio offering a wide range of classes for every level
Dining and Grocery Shopping
Several local establishments dish up Nicaraguan food, so it’s easy to score a filling and delicious lunch for around $5 USD. International fare is pricier, but you can get a great Italian or Peruvian meal for much less than you’d pay elsewhere.
When preparing your own food, San Juan del Sur also offers an abundance of choices for grocery shopping. The bulk of the stores in the area are small-scale supermarkets and tend to be well-stocked with a variety of local and international options. If you can’t find the ingredient you’re looking for in one, chances are you will find it in another store.
The Farmers Market, Machete Market, and Thursday Night Market are in session throughout the week. Residents buy fresh organic fruits and vegetables, unique clothing and jewelry, artisanal gifts, and locally made products. Many people shop at the market weekly to ensure they get the freshest local produce.
If there’s something you’re searching for that you can’t find in San Juan del Sur, Rivas is a 25-minute drive away and has a La Colonial, a high-end grocery store.
- Beachhouse – Beachfront Hotel & Restaurant with cuisine ranging from Sushi to chicken wings paired with tasty cocktails
- Indio del Sur – Amazing all-day breakfast and coffee in the center of town with a scenic view of the town’s central park
- Artesano Hotel & Cafe – Boutique hotel with culinary-grade fusion food overlooking Playa Maderas and Marsella
- The Gastro Garden – No matter what you feel like eating, the gastro garden has an option for you and your family
- Tuani’s – Their blend of culinary styling sets the exotic far eastern flavors of Hawaii to the traditional styles of Japan in a modern, edgy setting
- Nacho – Known in town for their Taco Tuesdays, fill up on their authentic, Mexican-style tacos and margaritas
- El Timon – This popular spot provides affordable Nicaraguan food in a beachfront setting
Where to Stay – Hotels and Accommodations
San Juan del Sur offers a variety of options for accommodations; whether looking to be in the heart of town amongst the lively nightlife or tucked away in a secluded surf spot, here are a few of our favorite options:
- Hotel Victoriano – A beauitful beachfront classical colonial hotel located in town
- Hotel Alcazar – A tropical modern beachfront hotel right in the heart of the action, a perfect location for those looking to partake in the nightlife
- La Estacion – A beachfront hotel located adjacent to the old Pacific Railroad company that operated in Nicaragua until the late 1970s
Outside of Town
- Morgans Rock Located on a 4000-acre expanse of Nicaraguan jungle, nearly half of Morgan’s Rock’s vast property is a private protected reserve. Its concept and operation reflects this whimsical feeling of privacy and seclusion.
- Hotel Playa Hermosa Beach front Hotel
- Villas Playa Maderas: At Villas Playa Maderas, you can experience tranquility and calm in a lush, tropical Nicaraguan paradise. Enjoy beautiful ocean views from each villa’s private beachfront porch or take advantage of private direct access to the sand.
- Rancho Majahual Rancho Majagual is a private and secure sanctuary offering guests the utmost privacy and discretion. Unwind, let down your guard, and connect with your surroundings.
Property For Sale in San Juan Del Sur
Immerse yourself in the vibrant heart of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua with this ready-to-occupy Oceanview Beachfront Apartment.
Want More Tips for Buying Real Estate in San Juan del Sur?
Chances are you are a first-time homebuyer in Nicaragua or soon to be! There can be a lot of confusion regarding having all the information you need before moving to paradise. That’s why we’ve created the “New Homebuyers Guide to Buying Property in Nicaragua” resource.
For additional insight on buying in Nicaragua, read the ‘New Homebuyers Guide to Buying Property in Nicaragua.’ This comprehensive guide will answer most, if not all, of your questions before our first consultation – also, check out our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to the most common questions!Find Properties in San Juan Del Sur